6.06.2010

The Reveal....








Can you see the amazing transformation?


No?




Really?


Look again......




Nothin' ?






Well that must be because...

.....


............

....

.........

.....

....we didn't get it done.....



After checking the budget we realized that this project will have to wait a little longer and we will putter away if we can find some extra MooLa. However, this weekend wasn't a complete loss - My parents came up for a visit (and to bring my daughters bunk beds) and we did manage to go thrifting and find a few things that inspired a wonderful project in it's own. Though it is not finished it's well on it's way. Check it out..we'll first maybe I should tell you the story.



Since the rents were up visiting and delivering bunk beds for the little ones to now share a room...we decided to make miss Emily's room now into the guest room...switching the spare bed from Cohen's room into her old room...yadda yadda yadda...The plus side..now guests won't have to sleep in the same room as mr man and annoy their sleep pattern when he unexpectingly wakes up, another plus, miss Emily now won't be sad because she has to sleep "alone"...the bad news...My parents now had to sleep in a bubblegum PINK room...Me Ma despises pink..
Here's a quick photo of the color of Ema's room

The bed was my mom's...hence the buying of the bunk beds...did I mention they were on kijiji for 110.00? The same ones they sell at WalMart for 249.00...what a deal!


Here's a Photo of the Room before we moved in....

Love that green indoor outdoor astro turf...mmmm
And the splatter walls...sooo beautiful.. :P




I bought this table months ago at a thrift store for THREE dollars...Yup I typed correctly THREE. I feel in love with it right away...It had a broken hinge and the base boards of the seat wobbled. But it was amazing and for the price...I WASN'T leaving it...So with a few squaks from the husband he loaded it into our bitty car and away we went.
WOW this story is getting long and maybe a shade bit all over the place..ok to the point -
Yesterday I found a wonderful can of paint at our favorite hardware store while we were pricing the remaining products we needed for our dining room. A "MISTINT" quart for FIVE dollars. It was just what I had been looking for - isn't it funny how things just fall into your lap? I immediately thought of my fab desk find back home while tucking it under my arm and dashing (as if someone were trying to fight me for it, when realistically there was not a soul in sight) The photos below are after a fresh coat of the wonderful discount paint



Hehee did you notice where I painted my house numbers for the door redo? ; )



And since this was so wonderful, it inspired this >>. (Keep in mind it's not finished yet...this was spontaneous...)







I know it looks "not quite so" now but give it time...this was again a last minute decision - there's also a shabby chandelier I am planning on hanging in here....
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions...I love to hear them - and know this -

I don't feel sooooo bad about the dining room being held off. I actually have a beachy chic retreat to get away from it all...


Here's a total cost of Guest Room so far:

5.00 for the mistint paint on the Desk
3.00 for the Desk
2.50 for the bed skirt from a thrift store
2.50 for the bed sheets again from a thrift store
0.00 for green and blue decor pillows
0.00 paint on wall..mixed from left over paint in the basement
0.00 for blanket at the end of bed...from our old bedroom decor
13.00 for lamp from Value Village
1.50 for shower curtain (blanket) on end of bed
3.00 for white sheers from a yard sale this weekend
2.00 curtain rod from a thrift store
*and I think .25cents for the bell on the desk (note here the previous blog post that shows this wonderful find "remember the mother's day bell?")

= 32.25 plus applicable taxes ; )


Linking up to :





Linking up to :





giveaways

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that desk and great color! About ordering Shaklee Products, the easiest way to order if you are in Canada is to call (800)SHAKLEE (742-5588) to place your order. Please tell them that I am your distributor. My ID # is CD30636. If you become a member, than after your first call, you can order online. Please email me for more details.
    Thank you,
    Bonnie
    donahuewellness@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your guest will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The desk and chair are a beautiful colour. So fresh and a great deal. Your room is coming along nicely. I love the white linens and drapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful retreat you've been creating. I LOVE the misting color you found... it LOVELY. I'm putting your desk and chair in the POPP spotlight tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it with us at the POPP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that color, so pretty and calming. Please come link up at our party Fabulous Friday if you can, thanks!
    Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job. I LOVE the color of the desk.
    I am an avid thift store and yard sale shopper. Its such a rush to find something at a steal that can be transformed into something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the wonderful comments and for stopping by...hope to see more of you in the future! Happy Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather! I have giveway prize for you. http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/09/clean-mama-printables-winners-sunday.html
    Contact me when you get a chance with your email and we will get it right over to you. Thanks - Hope you have a wonderful week! Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete