6.24.2010

1 Down 9 To Go....


Even though I spent most of yesterday nursing my fevered 20 mth old and am typing this post one handed, because he won't leave my side, I am determined. I managed to get my frame re|do| started and finished without hanging them up just yet. I don't want to put 16 holes in the newly painted bathroom walls with my amazing measuring skills. I think I'll get my loving father to do that part this weekend as my husband is busy working at his paying job and then building the new door frame for his "at home for wife-y" job once he gets home.

So here are some photos of the process...I must say I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

I bought these wonderful frames (20 of them actually) when Sears Portrait was emptying out their closets. For the whole box I paid 10.00 (that's .50 a frame - and the extent of my math skills)...so even though I didn't have have a use for them IT WAS .50 A FRAME! I don't leave deals like that behind...for any reason. |Light Bulb|-this is probably why my house is buried in clutter...huh maybe...anyways


I took three of them and did this....


Then this....




Then let them dry....
And got this....

I wanted to have a nice flat finish and going with the old phrase "use what you have" I used black chalk board spray paint I had left over from another project...yay me! I love free makeovers...just love them...

The pictures are still at the lab waiting to be picked up...can't wait to see them in the frames!!




1 comment:

  1. What a great bargain! I love the idea of using chalk board spray. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete