10.19.2010

YUMMY PUMPKINS!


I've been sick and lazy this week so my posts and my goals have been put on the back burner.
SPEAKING OF BACK BURNERS though...I made something Yummy today !




E.D Smith Pumpkin Muffins stuffed with Cream Cheese Icing...mmmmmmm
I want to share the recipe with you as well as how I made them.

NOW keep in mind this was an after thought when I woke up this morning so my photos won't look exactly like I describe in the recipe (in other words: no pumpkin seeds)

To start you will need....

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (also known to me as - 1 tsp of cinnamon 1/2 nutmeg & 1/2 ginger)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin

1/4 cup Veg oil
1/2 cup buttermilk

lastly PUMPKIN SEEDS!

-------------------------------------------------

Icing Stuffing:
1/2 pkg (8oz./250 g) cream cheese, softened
1/2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup icing sugar


Next follow these instructions:

preheat oven to 375 F

Next add all of your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

Leave enough pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top of the muffins once they are in the muffin tray.

If you only have enough to sprinkle on top SAVE THEM

Then whisk your eggs in a smaller bowl and add the wet ingredients to that.

Finally combine and mix.

Fill paper cups until they are almost at the top (I did not use cups, I don't like the waste of paper unless it's for something special)

Sprinkle remaining pumpkin seeds on top of the batter

Bake for 25 Mins or until cake stick tells you they are read...I use tooth picks!

Finally while they are baking prepare your Icing. To do this you add all ingredients together and fill an icing bag with it. When muffins come out...while they are still a bit warm, stick the icing bag tip into the muffin and squeeze slowly pull it out until the icing peeks at the top...

*if you don't have buttermilk add 1 tsp of lemon juice in a measuring cup and then continue to poor milk in until it hits the 1/2 c. mark. Let it sit for 5 - 10 mins, give a quick stir and WAHLA!*

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!



Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I've been trying to find time to do some baking lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This looks SO comfortingly delicious! Just the thing to make on this chilly fall day! ;)

    ReplyDelete